What people are saying about Eating in Madison A to Z.
Articles & interviews:
- Catching up with the Eating in Madison A to Z bloggers by Nichole Fromm and JonMichael Rasmus for Isthmus (February 26, 2015)
- 8 O'Clock Buzz with Brian Standing for WORT 89.89 FM (July 22, 2013)
"Aims to sample every restaurant in town in alphabetical order." Listen/download .mp3 of the 15-minute interview originally aired on WORT 89.9 FM and streamed at http://www.wort-fm.org.
- Eat Drink Blog: Meet Madison's most prolific food bloggers by Lindsay Christians for 77 Square (September 13, 2012)
"Their writing has improved, too" ... "probably the longest-running, most consistent food blog in the city"
- For couple, Madison is on the menu, from A to Z by Samara Kalk Derby for the Wisconsin State Journal (March 31, 2012)
"usually comes up on the first page of a Google query"
- After almost eight years, food bloggers accomplish their alphabetical mission by Emily Eggleston for Madison Commons (March 4, 2012)
"Even after testing every local offering, the couple still doesn’t claim food critic status."
- Typical Madisonian couple explore the city's restaurants from A to Z by Lindsay Christians for 77 Square (May 28, 2010)
"painfully typical Madisonians"
- The Story of Eating in Madison A to Z by James Norton for Heavy Table (August 20, 2009)
"unpretentious dispatches chronicling hundreds of experiences"
- Around the Table: Eating in Madison A to Z by Vesna Vuynovich Kovach for Brava (October 2008)
"like potato chips, it’s hard to stop at just one"
- Drinks with the 'Eating Madison A to Z' couple by Melanie Conklin for the Wisconsin State Journal (October 6, 2006)
"there's nothing wrong with being neurotic"
- It's a long way to Yummy Buffet: Young couple eats their way through Madison A-Z (and lives to blog about it) by Nichole Fromm and JonMichael Rasmus for Isthmus Dining (April 2005)
"what else is the Web for, if not obsessive projects with limited audiences?"
- Epic intranet food page & "Hitchhiker's Guide to Madison"
"2 Bloggers are eating their way through Madison's restaurants, A to Z"
- 2014 Monona Pie Party
- Better vegetables than SoCal? New-to-Madison blogger thinks so by Lindsay Christians for the Capital Times (September 12, 2013)
"the Eating in Madison A to Z team finished the alphabet"
- Savor South Madison
"The one and only review we could find online" [on Lucky 7]
- Madison Magazine Best of Madison 2013
Silver: Best Food Blog
- ptt.cc UW-Madison forum
[Discuss the blues cuisine blog, very detailed.] - Google Translate
- Mad Town Lunch - Isthmus
"It doesn't have a website, yet Eating in Madison A to Z wrote about it"
- Food Made of Love
"Perfect Review of the Paradise"
- Hack Library School
"Better yet, it’s written by a librarian"
"something you may want to check out" - Ttusker
"amusing nonetheless" - holyghost
"I just don't get the blog or the act of posting ones obviously bad taste" - cubanat
- Couchsurfing.org forum
"basically covers all the great food of Madison"
"interesting website that I turn to on occasion"
"Tons of good restaurant reviews."
"their reviews are pretty poor (unless you like lemonade)"
"it's taken them quite a while"
- Ass-Jammaroo-palooz-a-thon I (start at minute 40)
"I don't think I've ever been that hungry."
- Onion AV Club Madison Follow Friday
"where else will you hear about people spitting cheese?"
"a much-loved constant"
- Accidental Hedonist
"they completed their task"
- Slice Harvester
"Meatball Sandwich Saints"
- BetterBidding.com forums
- Gourmet, Gourmand, Glutton
"an honest opinion about just about every freakin' restaurant in Madison"
- Gourmet, Gourmand, Glutton
"boggles my mind"
- AV Club Madison
"intrepid Twitter user and food blogger"
- Fundamental Pete's
"an excellent ass-jammery, indeed"
"We were giddy", "we LUV the A to Z site"
- MeFite symbioid
I just say "What does madisonatoz.com have to say about it?"
- 2011 Isthmus Favorites
2nd place: Favorite Blogger
"I love and am totally jealous of this project"
- Mad Samplers
"real pros at food blogging and criticism"
- Badger Herald
"solve the problem"
- Foodspotting comment
"At first, I thought it was madison at Oz"
- Quora forum
"worth reading through, despite [its] obvious length"
- Althouse commenters
"or not"; "pretentious" "hicks"
- Gourmet, Gourmand, Glutton
- UW Law School
- Madison Street Eats
- Badger Herald: Beefy showdown: a tale of two burgers
"these guys know what they’re talking about"
"terribly thorough"..."nice narrative flair"
- 77Square: Eating light? Tips to stay healthy when dining out
"Couldn’t just decide to skip certain restaurants"
- The GradCafe forums: Madison vs. Ann Arbor
"huge list of restaurants, complete with reviews"
- 77Square: Wisconsin’s own: Mac and cheese, a comfort food classic
"It’s still his favorite food"
- Anonymous reader
"It was like seeing the Sixth Sense for the second time." (upon re-reading the blog after realizing that the JM on the blog is the JM in his family)
- Isthmus TDP Follow Friday
"Food lovers and/or geeks, rejoice: restaurant reviews with an alphabetical twist. Thoughtful, local, delicious and friendly; always helpful."
- Insiders' Guide to Madison by Kevin Revolinski, p. 42
"great local Web site/blog"
- 2010 Isthmus Favorites
2nd place: Local Blog
"I love that blog."
- La Flog
"probably my favorite Madison blog and a great way to learn about all the food in Madison"
- Sabertoothed Anteater
"great non-baseball blog"
"fun and informative reading"
- Polki w Stanach Forum at Gazeta.pl
"Tu masz bloga z recenzjami restauracji w Madison"
- Forkful of News
Guest post: A brief field guide to Norske Nook pies
- The Sconz
"things that actually matter to the community"
- Brad_Olson on Roadfood.com
"I admire their determination!"
- Washtenaw Burrito Report
"I eat burritos, and tell you about it. The project is inspired by the excellent Eating in Madison A to Z, which I found quite valuable in the time I spent in that fine city."
- Erika Janik
"Blogs I love"
- Fearful Symmetries
"Nothing quite like cheap pizza and conversation with gamers."
- Laptop City Hall
"each new review is like a little present delivered to my Google Reader"
- 2009 Isthmus Favorites
1st place: Madison's Favorite Local Blogger
- Urbanspoon blog
"Some bloggers take a novel alphabetical-order approach to their eating"
- Wisconsin Law Journal
"if you plan on spending any time in Madison and you are looking for a place to eat, check [it] out"
- Apathetic Fish
#9 of ten things to love about Madison
- Decider's guide to Wisconsin's culinary Twitterverse
- WKOW27 "At First Taste"
"I am jealous! What a great idea!"
- Midwest Living: Five Star Food Towns, May/June 2009 (pdf)
- A meal at Nick's Restaurant with the Eating in Madison A-Z folks
"It all shows up in the review."
- this is drivel
"Now, although the food blog is occasionally funny, it isn’t played for laughs."
- Dan Potacke Show
"What's the lowest grade I've seen you give... B+?"
- Star Liquor "References / Reviews / Library"
"really great Madison restaurant reviews"
- A Capital City Connected by Angela Richardson for Madison Magazine Online, November 2008
- Mayor Dave Cieslewicz's 105.5 Triple M blog, October 6, 2008
"[JM and Nichole] easily know more about Madison [than] I do or for that matter any of us do."
- RRyan on the CHOW forum
"might be a good place to get an unbiased review written in plain English"
- 2008 Isthmus Favorites
3rd place: Favorite Local Blogger (and "indefatigable diners")
- Jason Joyce
"A great idea for a blog and [they continue] to add engaging content to it long after a lot of us would have lost motivation. And they're not even getting paid!"
- Olive Talique
"I bow down before your A to Z dining prowess! And I thank you for being such a gastronomic adventuress!!"
- LTHForum.com (Chicago culinary chat)
"Not "great" reviews, but they usually link to other reviews and to the Ithsumus' [sic] information on the restaurant."
- Hunger and Ridicule
"Without them, I would never know where to eat on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!"
- Wisconsin Roaming
"This blog about Madison cuisine is making me feel bad."
"A fun project, well-written."
- Is That All The Stuffing?
"Amen." (on margarine, sharing a low opinion of)
- Penny Arcade forums
"I wish I could find one like that for Nashville. [...] it's not easy finding a decent website with nice reviews."
- Madison Magazine
"Thorough, down-to-earth reviews of local eateries."
- 2007 Isthmus Favorites
3rd place: Favorite Local-Content Blog
- Maillard Reaction
"It's a hard job, but..."
"Great idea [...] There are many places I would not want to bother going to."
- the stapler
"Wowbagger the Infinitely Distended"
"Imagine forcing yourself to go to all the restaurants in alphabetical order. But I love the idea for a blog."
- MMOG Nation
"possibly one of the finest web projects based in this city"
- It's a Mad World
"you can even search by who serves Coke and who serves Pepsi. Very important distinction."
- Christopher Robin's Fresh Foods (of the news page)
"set your bookmarks to yum!"
- Abada Abada (Jessamyn West on eating pizza)
- Weird Eats
"it stands to reason that if the universe is in existence long enough eventually someone will attempt to eat at every restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin - in alphabetical order."
- Association of Alternative Newsweeklies
- Dork Tidings
"a ton of fun"
- 2006 Isthmus Favorites
2nd place: Favorite Local Content Blog
- Wisconsin Technology Network
- Reading this will not make you popular.
"an indispensable resource for how to cram stuff in your face"
- Adam Keys - His Utopia
[Creative Commons art]
- Daily Ping
- Doctor Awesome
Top 5 of '05 reader poll
- del.icio.us users
- Nathan and Andrea
"I was kind of disappointed"