In a word: Feels like another world.
Latest Springers news and reviews
JM ate the 3-piece cod with fries, coleslaw and a lemonade.
Nichole ate the smelt with salad and an Old Fashioned.
The bill was $30, or $15/person, plus tip.
JM and Nichole gave Springers a C+ (see our grading rubric).
- Always call ahead for hours.
- Sunsets and Settlers go a long way to salvaging an evening.
There was a long wait for a table for Friday night fish fry. We got budged by some regulars and got seated in a hallway, which is only fair, since we aren't from around there. We learned some more things.
- "Wiscompton." Really?
- Postcards were one cent a long time ago, 2 cents by 1955 and 3 cents in 1958.
- Almost everyone leaves Friday night fish fry with a doggie bag.
- Big pharma meets small town office supply needs.
- Swordfish are prevalent in Lake Kegonsa.
There were unsweetened donut holes and yeast rolls in the bread basket. Our food came out fast. Salad and slaw were average, but the cod was hot and peppery. The smelt might have been some of the best yet, but we're not likely to go back because we didn't feel very welcome.